Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Well, I wanted to wish all of you mommies out there a wonderful Mother's Day! I absolutely love being a mother to the most wonderful, handsome, funny, pacifier sucking, still drinking a night-time bottle, happy, cranky, interesting, make mommy laugh so hard she almost pees her pants every day - little boy on the planet :) Being a mother is the best gift God has blessed me with and I wouldn't change it for the world!!! I have a little confession - (Stacy..don't freak! You'll be fine!!!!!! I PROMISE!!!!) I had a slight freak-out a couple of weeks ago...Meltdown...whatever. Yep...I sure did. So, let me re-cap. Sunday morning (2 weeks ago) 7am, Ty wakes up...cranky as ever. Pooped in his diaper during the night...not a happy camper. I got him up and changed him, so ticked, he is kicking the crap out of me...touching himself...getting poop all over his hands (grr!) - wipes..problem solved. Oh, but no. Mr. Peebody (who hasn't done this in FOREVER) starts whizzing all over the place...on his face, in the floor, on mommy...ok. Bath time. (Ahead of schedule...) ok. Cries, the entire bath. I get him out, put him in his high chair to eat, bawling. Won't eat a single thing. Finally, calms down - mommy finds a pretty good chance to jump in the shower. Half way through, he's BAWLING. I'm wet, sorry charlie...hang on. I take a speed shower, dry off, get him out. Spongebob didn't do the trick for him. So, here I am. Trying to get ready while I have a little rugrat standing at my feet, bawling, "ma ma ma ma" then he cries so hard, that tongue makes the noise, the PISSED noise. So, I pick him up...calm. Sweet. As I go to put on my make up, Tyler insists on grabbing my makeup, my brushes (while I'm putting it on) gets it ALL OVER the place. By this point...I have pretty much already decided that church would have to wait this Sunday...but I keep trying. 10:50..(church starts at 11) I am finally done drying my hair, when I look down, the child that was bawling, is sitting in the floor, by my feet, tears and snot just rolling down his face. At this point, I am crying...wondering how on earth my mom was able to do it with 2 kids. Why can't I pull it together!?! I am bawling. SOBBING. Overwhelmed. Pissed. Pretty ticked off that the person that helped me create this bundle of joy screwed me (figuratively) Ha. Ha. and now I'm sobbing, in the floor - with my child - like a child, because I am so overwhelmed because I am doing it all on my own. Everything. I get pretty mad at myself for needing a break. I mean, pretty ticked. Some people would KILL for more time with their child and I'm needing a break. I felt worthless. Selfish. So I had Connie come watch Tyler and I took off for a few hours. I felt absolutely horrible. The worst mother on the planet. Until I came home. I walked through the door and that little bundle of joy, ran to me, arms spread, reaching up for me. I put him in the car and we went to Mamaw's house...and he made me laugh the entire way there. Some things I wouldn't change for the world and being a mother is one of them :) So proud of all of you mothers out there!! I'm sure there are plenty of other meltdowns coming, but for now, I am proud and happy to be Tyler's mother.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment