Thursday, January 14, 2010

Oh, how lucky....

How lucky am I to have the most gorgeous little boy and the best family and friends a girl could ask for?? Tell me, how lucky?? I think I an answer that....I can answer that with a smile on my face and joy in my heart. It's that feeling. You know the one...the one where you can sit and say, "Gosh, how did I get so lucky?" Last night was one of those moments. Well, every day is one of those moments, but last night...my heart ached with the happiness I felt. The laughter I had. As soon as I hit the door of the evening, I peek around to see where my little munchkin is...the second I spot him and the second he spots me is the best moment of my day. He gives me that "make mommy melt" grin and throws his hands up...like, "Geez mommy...where have you been...FINALLY!" Every Day. So when I pick him up he grabs me so tight and lays his head on my shoulder and raises up with a smile. I know, as I'm typing this, I'm getting teary just thinking about getting off work to see it happen again. Oh, and that laugh. Some people have heard it...but not very many. He has a "woodpecker" laugh, as I like to call it, mostly everyone hears that one...not too many people have heard the 'bust a gut' laugh...the one where he throws his head back and laughs so hard he has to catch his breath. THAT LAUGH. Last night, on multiple occasions, I was able to hear that laugh. I love that laugh. THAT LAUGH is just enough to keep me happy and smiling for the rest of my days. Unbelieveable. Not to mention...little man walked!!! BY HIMSELF. No help from mommy....he walked straight to me and would give me one of those laughs every time he got to me. I have to say, it was one proud moment for this mama!!! Video is below :)



No comments:

Post a Comment