Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy Valentines Day!

I know, I know...it's late. So what...! Well, for those of you that haven't heard me complaining about my horrible week last week...guess what!? Yep...last week was horrible. I moved from my bed to the couch, very little...went to pee, very little....ate food, yeah, not so much. Lost 3 lbs...yes! Went to the doctor last Wednesday because I thought I was DYING. I NEVER go to the doctor, unless yes...I'm dying. I don't take medicine, unless...yes, I'm dying. I hate it all! So, after 4 baths on Wednesday morning, from about 1 am to 5 am...I contemplated whether or not to go to the doctor...I laid in my nice, sweaty bed for a couple of hours, bawling my eyes out, wanting my mommy, DYING. So, who to call at 6 am?? My sweet, loving, caring, tell me crap I don't want to hear, but the truth...my brother! Yep, called him crying at 6am. Threatening a visit to the hospital because I was DYING.

OUR CONVO GOES LIKE THIS:
Adam: "Loni...are you really dying or are you just saying that?"
Me: ::sniff::sniff::groggy voice::"I don't know, Adam....I don't know what dying feels like, but if this is anything like it, I would much rather be in the hospital where people can revive me, because I feel like I'm dying."
Adam: "Loni, go to the doctor, don't deal with the deductible, it's not worth it. I don't think you're dying..."
Me: "But I don't even have the energy to call the insurance company to find out what doctor in the area takes the insurance"
Adam: "Ok, call them, call me back and let me know what they say"..
Me: ::sniff::sniff::groggy voice:: "Ohhhhhhk"


Don't you just love him? Boy, am I glad I listened...up until I was seen, I was still wishing I had gone to the hospital, because while sitting in the waiting room, watching people laugh, kids playing, me wanting to bang my head against the wall...I would have much rather been curled up in a hospital bed, with a warm blanket, crying about dying, well...to anyone that would listen :) But once I saw the doctor and he explained that it was just a virus, nothing they could do...I was certainly glad I listened to BIG brother and went to the doctor and skipped out on a $150 co-pay. Don't you just love him!??! Haha!

By the way, I'm feeling TONS better, just a little cough, (Mark at work, calls it hacking...but whatever..at least I'm not dying anymore!...Deal with it!) But I finally was able to come back to work on Friday, I was going to come in early too...I was sooooo excited to be feeling better and get back to work...got Ty strapped in the car seat, went to start it...DEAD. Apparently, my car died in the process of me dying...ha! So, good thing I was going to leave early, because I was only 30 minutes late....had to get jumped off...but it's good as new! I got to work and Mark decided to give me crap about needing a man at home, because not only can I not drive in the snow, or need help carrying groceries up.... I need A MAN to come help me jump my car off....oh please :) So, needless to say, it was an interesting week, the guys were glad to have me back at work to harass (what do they do without me?!?) and I am feeling TONS better. ANNNND I'm not dying. Adam is going to make a great doctor :)

Rewind to Valentine's Day weekend...umm...I got to see my dad, whom I haven't seen in over 6 months!!! I was stoked! I actually had a "date" but not really a date, for Valentines. My best buddy, Brock, decided to take me out to dinner to this little amazing Mexican restaurant in Knoxville, which, by the way, I am going back for that deep fried burrito...YUMMO! :) Then, Valentines Day, I got to spend the day with my 3 favorite men...My brother, My handsome little boy and my daddy :) All and all, a good Valentines Day...oh yeah...just a few little things I decided to treat myself with :)





No comments:

Post a Comment